Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > General Modeling Discussion > General Modeling Discussion

Notices

Unread January 19th, 2010, 01:17 AM
I don't like SPAM!!

Exclamation Anyone awaiting membership activation. PLEASE READ

G'day All,

To anyone who might be waiting for their membership to be activated, we have a big problem with spammers trying to gain access to the site so, to help us out, could you please add as much info in the personal details area of your membership as possible. This will make it much easier for us to validate your legitimate membership.

Cheers,
Motty.

Mate, this parrot wouldn't "voom" if you put four million VOLTS through it!!?

Last edited by Motty; January 21st, 2010 at 02:02 AM.
Unread January 19th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Posterior Discomfort Facilitator

Send a message via MSN to Skull Leader

+1. It takes a lot of time to sift through applications when all you get is a username and an email address.
Unread January 19th, 2010, 03:53 AM

Default I had issues getting membership here a few weeks back!

And in talking with one of the moderators I suggested that hackers were maybe the cause. Looks like my hunch was maybe right?

Best of luck getting on top of them boys!

Kev C.

Unread January 19th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Posterior Discomfort Facilitator

Send a message via MSN to Skull Leader

Well, there is one brand of hacker that actually fill in those spots with information... it's just that the information is highly suspect and easily figured out
Unread February 26th, 2010, 05:50 AM
I don't like SPAM!!

Just another reminder to anyone trying (or waiting) to register here, please, please, please add some relevant info in the personal information section of your profile. It will make it a whole lot easier to tell that your not just another spammer.

For info, we get between 50-100 bogus registrations a day and we could use all the help possible to tell the legitimate members from the crap.

Advance warnings / heads-ups or references from existing members are a help too.

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Motty.

Unread May 17th, 2010, 11:16 PM

Motty, I'm in! Thanks mucho.......oh, and special props to Magnetarse as well!

John
Unread May 18th, 2010, 03:12 AM
I don't like SPAM!!

G'day and welcome John.

Sorry for the delay in sorting out your membership. I'm a bit behind at the moment.

Cheers,
Motty.

Unread June 3rd, 2010, 03:45 AM
I don't like SPAM!!

Another bump for this one.

There are still quite a few people who have registered here on Zone Five who I am trying to verify so that I can fully activate their accounts.

I have tried several different methods to try and contact these pending members, using different emails and other attempts, trying to explain what I am asking for to try and validate these accounts but most do not respond to my attempts (in some cases, since January). It seems that some may not be getting my emails, no matter how I send them so, if you are still waiting for your account to be fully activated, this is what I have been trying to email to you;

--------------

If you are waiting to have you membership at Zone Five activated;

We currently have a problem with spammers trying to access the site, and we are taking measures to try and ensure that only valid members are allowed access.

In order to help us with this, it would be greatly appreciated if you could include some relevant information, of your own choice, in the personal details section of your profile. This will help us confirm and activate your membership as soon as possible.

We have mentioned this request in the main forums as well.
http://www.zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=6934

And you can see some of the reasons why we are taking these measures in this thread.
http://www.zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=6864

Some have indicated that it is not clear how to add the information we are requesting, so this is an explanation of where to find it.

First, you need to log in. When you have logged in, you will see a list of menus across the top of the page (below the "Zone-Five.Net" header). The one on the far left is "User CP" which means User Control Panel.

When you click on this, you will see a list of controls down the left side of the page. Things like "Your Profile", "Settings & Options", "Subscribed threads" etc. The top one should be "Your Profile" with sub-headings of "Edit your Details", "Customize Profile" and "Edit Profile Picture". Click on "Edit Your Details".

At the bottom of this page is a section titled "Additional Information" with fields for "Biography", "Where you live", "Interests" and "Occupation". It would be very helpful for us if you could enter some information (of your own choosing) in some or all of these fields. You can delete it as soon as we have activated your membership if you have any privacy concerns. We are only interested in trying to confirm legitimate members from possible spammers. Nothing else.

We hope this helps and if you have any problems, please contact us for assistance.

If, after a certain time, you still haven't added any info, your account may be deleted as a suspected spammer.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and delays but we hope that it helps make for a better time for those who use the forums legitimately.

Thank you very much for your help in this matter.

Regards,
The Zone Five Admin Team.

------------------

I have reason to believe that most of the pending members that are on the "waiting list" are probably genuine, but I would simply like a quick response as requested above to confirm. I will then fully activate your account and you will be able to fully participate in the forums and have access to all the boards features.

If you wish to contact me directly about this, please use Zone5email(at)gmail(dot)com

I would really like to get as many people on the waiting list joined as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Motty.

Last edited by Motty; January 24th, 2014 at 01:07 AM.