Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Inactive > Shull24.com

Notices

Unread June 28th, 2009, 01:51 AM

Default Suggestion....if you will....Litening II ATP

Shawn,
I know its been covered by others, like Dr. Pepper, in resin. While I like his stuff, its sometimes a longer wait from overseas. I know one is included in the Hasegawa Harrier, and in the Tamiya F-16 as well. Its just a PITA to keep buying these kits, esp. the Harrier, to grab a pod. I'd rather get em from you...hell, ya even got the pylons made for the F-16, F-15, and A-10. Just a thought, you know you've thought of doing it....

Jeff
Unread June 28th, 2009, 02:33 PM

Default ...And another thing...

Shawn,

Know you are real busy with a new baby in the house. I second the motion on the LITENING II pods. I would also add the ALQ-184 LONG pods, and an ALQ-167 BULLWINKLE pod for my Navy/Marine modelers. The ALQ-188 in the Tamiya kits might be a good place to start. I've already taken the ALQ-184s from my Tamiya F-16 kits and put them in an F-4E and F-4G kits I want to do down the road when the Clark Air Base/3rd TFW decal sheets come out.

This from a guy who is not looking at any references as I type this. F-14s and A-6s used BULLWINKLE pods in the Northern Arabia Gulf for a long time. You would constantly see them on TARPs Tomcats. Dave Roof would know more about these. But there may not be a "market" for BULLWINKLE pods either. I would include good late block AMRAAMs too since we are talking about things hanging from jets. SOLs AMRAAMs just were not that good. SLAM-ERs maybe?

The PIDS pylon goes without saying. I know..., easy to say since I don't have a new one in the house. Just thinking out load here. I hate having to buy kits just to raid the weapons/pods (Kinetic F-16s comes to mind), and most of the time they are inaccurate.

Let me know if I can help in any way reference wise.

Pumping Gas: Tanker Operations from the Cold War to hunting bin Laden
Unread July 3rd, 2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefropas View Post
Shawn,
I know its been covered by others, like Dr. Pepper, in resin. While I like his stuff, its sometimes a longer wait from overseas. I know one is included in the Hasegawa Harrier, and in the Tamiya F-16 as well. Its just a PITA to keep buying these kits, esp. the Harrier, to grab a pod. I'd rather get em from you...hell, ya even got the pylons made for the F-16, F-15, and A-10. Just a thought, you know you've thought of doing it....

Jeff
I thought about doing it, before Tamiya made such a nice one. I hate to just blatantly copy a kit part to sell. Although I think somebody mentioned that the air cooling scoop was on the small side.

http://www.shull24.com/
Unread July 3rd, 2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo357 View Post
Shawn,

Know you are real busy with a new baby in the house. I second the motion on the LITENING II pods. I would also add the ALQ-184 LONG pods, and an ALQ-167 BULLWINKLE pod for my Navy/Marine modelers. The ALQ-188 in the Tamiya kits might be a good place to start. I've already taken the ALQ-184s from my Tamiya F-16 kits and put them in an F-4E and F-4G kits I want to do down the road when the Clark Air Base/3rd TFW decal sheets come out.

This from a guy who is not looking at any references as I type this. F-14s and A-6s used BULLWINKLE pods in the Northern Arabia Gulf for a long time. You would constantly see them on TARPs Tomcats. Dave Roof would know more about these. But there may not be a "market" for BULLWINKLE pods either. I would include good late block AMRAAMs too since we are talking about things hanging from jets. SOLs AMRAAMs just were not that good. SLAM-ERs maybe?

The PIDS pylon goes without saying. I know..., easy to say since I don't have a new one in the house. Just thinking out load here. I hate having to buy kits just to raid the weapons/pods (Kinetic F-16s comes to mind), and most of the time they are inaccurate.

Let me know if I can help in any way reference wise.
I'm working on the PIDS, and on the -184 long for the A-10 & F-4G. Not sure if I'll mess with the -184 long for the viper since it's already in the Tamiya kit.

I had to google the ALQ-167, and I still didn't come up with much. I don't know much about Navy stuff, said in my best Forrest Gump voice. If you, or anyone, has some pics, it sounds like a cool project.

And I hear ya about AMRAAMs, I really need a set to go with the LAU-128s. Hardest part is just finding the time to sit down and get it `er done, I don't get to work on making new masters as much as I wish I could.

Unread July 3rd, 2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I thought about doing it, before Tamiya made such a nice one. I hate to just blatantly copy a kit part to sell. Although I think somebody mentioned that the air cooling scoop was on the small side
I'll bring the brainwash while you sleep tapes to Ohio.....

Jeff
Unread July 13th, 2009, 10:24 PM

Between you & Willie, I'm sleeping with one eye open!

Unread January 16th, 2011, 10:02 AM

Has Shull24 released a Litening II yet? I checked thier catalogue a little while ago but its down at the moment.

Last edited by Cheetah; January 16th, 2011 at 10:53 AM.
Unread January 16th, 2011, 11:01 AM

No, not yet. I think I have an extra one from a Tamiya Viper if you are still looking for one. Money's tight right now, so I'd have to ask for postage (I hate to do that even) but otherwise, it's yours. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Aaron
Unread January 16th, 2011, 11:06 AM

Thanks Aaron, pm coming your way.
Unread January 19th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Captain Stink Pickle

Send a message via Skype™ to willieself

If the web page is down and I see that Shawn has a new avatar...I have a feeling he is gonna be back up soon...
Unread January 26th, 2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
Has Shull24 released a Litening II yet? I checked thier catalogue a little while ago but its down at the moment.
Nope, I haven't. There are a couple out there, including the new Hasegawa wepons set E, so I doubt I'll make one.