Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > The Marketplace > The Stiffs

Notices

Old July 12th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Global-warming is a farce

Default Lucky Models Hong Kong

Although warned by some of you guys on these boards, I simply had to go with Lucky Models in Hong Kong because they were closer to me here in Japan, and I could only use Paypal for my purchase.

Well as predicted, they did indeed charge me an extra 4% for Paypal. And I also decided to pay an extra $1.50 or something for tracking, but once I went to check it, it was in fact a free service by Hong Kong Post anyway.. To make things worse. It didnt work?

Not a lot of money I may ad. But its the principle of the thing. So I emailed them to ask one, why they charged me an extra 4% when paypal does not approve of this, and secondly, why they charge people for a free service that doesnt work?

I was replied to with something along the lines of, if you dont like it, then I am welcome to use my credit card in the future, and that I should be happy that their company offers the use of Paypal. wtf??

As for the shipping, then I didnt even get an answer.. So I simply replied with something along the lines of *go root your boot* and made a point of expressing that it was to be the first and last time I did business with them. And that I should have stuck with my true and trusted store at hobbyeasy.com in Hong Kong..

Chris
Old July 13th, 2009, 08:52 AM
ZOMG! I HAVE THE POWER!!

Then again I've never had anything but the very best service from Lucky Model. The one time I thought I had an issue (non-delivery of some Kinetic F-16's - may have been a blessing in disguise in retrospect!) turned out to be my fault. . . .I found the attempted delivery card in a pile of crapo last week, they had tried to deliver 20th November last year and I lost the card in the junk mail. My fault, not theirs. Nope, my favoured two from the far east are Rainbow-10 and Lucky Model. I guess it proves that experiences are very individual!
Old July 13th, 2009, 11:02 AM

Chris- What is your point? You knew the companies policies and decided to do business with them and then you complain when they stick to their policies? On checkout their website states that there is a $1.5 charge for tracking and 4% paypal fee, yet I assume you pushed the "order" button not the "cancel" button. I agree with you that you shouldn't be charged extra for using paypal or tracking, but it doesn't make them a bad company if their policies are clear.
Old July 14th, 2009, 11:52 AM

I've never had a problem with Lucky Model. Their paypal policy sounds... annoying. That's why I have always just gone with a credit card on that. But in terms of contact, shipping, and product (meaning damage in transit), it's always been smooth sailing for me.
Old July 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Harv

I've too had numerous transactions with Lucky Models, and always been very satisfied with the service I've received. Admittedly, I've never used PayPal with them, always my CC; and not sure about the whole tracking issue, but it seems to work on my orders coming stateside (although it tends to lag by a day or two). Problems (a couple small issues) have been worked out by email with no drama.
Chris, your issue seems to be mostly an issue of the 'principle of the thing' - yet as prevously noted, you did the deal anyhow. Sorry it worked out that way for you - these folks can provide some really great deals if you catch it right. Hope future mail orders work out better for you - with whatever vendor you choose.
Old July 14th, 2009, 10:57 PM
twhite80

I have used them several times and with great results. I had only one bad, well not even bad experience, but it took them forever to ship an order once. I think it was because the item I bought was in high demand (Aired EA-6B ICAP II Late cockpit). But their communication was really pretty good. If they are cheaper I will use them again.
Old July 16th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Slacker Action

The only gripe I have ever had w/ Lucky Model is just make sure what you order is "in-stock" with a green dot. If it's a blue dot and just "available", you gonna wait a while for your order!
Old July 16th, 2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced View Post
The only gripe I have ever had w/ Lucky Model is just make sure what you order is "in-stock" with a green dot. If it's a blue dot and just "available", you gonna wait a while for your order!
I agree, I got confused by that too. They really should change it to "out of stock, but reordering soon" or something like that.
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:47 PM

I've used Lucky Model numerous times over the past few years and have always been very pleased with their service and communication and will continue to use them with confidence. As the others have mentioned, their policy's are clearly stated at the time of ordering and you to chose to do business with them anyway... That's on you, not Lucky Model.

Mark

Ronald Reagan
Old July 17th, 2009, 06:52 AM

Agreed, Never had an issue with them.

And as said by others their paypal policy is clear as day. They are just recouping the paypal fees. Personally I don't know why they bother taking PP.

Calum
Old July 17th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Doin' it tac style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced View Post
Yep, ordered 3 scribing templates that were "available"....got 2 in about a month, the 3rd after about 6 months.
Old August 5th, 2009, 11:35 PM

I am happy to be a minority on this. And you are correct, I did make the order. But it was only because I was kinda stuck with them, considering the way I had to pay, and the product they had.. I didn't have much of a choice..

And as I stated at the start of my post, yes I did know about the fee's. The point I was making was why they were charging for a postal tracking service that was free. Seems like a nice little scimmer for the people that don't realize that its a free service and pay up..

I don't care about a few bucks. But I didn't appreciate the response of "if you don't like it" ect.. That was simply out of line in my opinion..

Would never get that from Daniel at hobbyeasy.com ever...
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:36 PM

Charging for Paypal is a violation of their rules. It is odd they have never charged me on my orders.
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:53 AM

they charged me every time when I pay with PP!
Old October 17th, 2009, 05:09 PM

my only problem with them is that despite me saying that i don´t want the order divided in various packages and i can wait till they have all the stuff to send it they send stuff separately.the thing is customs love when they do that other than that no problem at all with them
Old June 25th, 2010, 06:57 PM

Well, I ordered a kit from them again, because I thought I would give them another go..

Well, after waiting over a week for any notification, I thought I would check their website again, and make sure that the product that I ordered was actually in stock?

Well, when I got there, it said that the item was available, but not in stock, so usually that means that they don't have it.. So I emailed them and said to cancel the order and will look elsewhere..

No sooner had I sent my email, I get a reply saying that my package was sent on that exact day! WTF???

They never sent a purchase notice, or any other notice regarding that they had received my order. Then after a week or so, I take it upon myself to double check the order, and when I send a message stating that I would cancel. Suddenly miraculously I get a reply in less than an hour!!

Now in closing. I got the package. But their customer service is pretty fucken ordinary if you ask me... It seems that when they are about to lose an order, kits magically appear out of nowhere, and their customer service people spring into life and decide to send an email...
Old June 30th, 2010, 12:46 AM

With internet security in China being what it is, I'll only use PayPal when ordering from China directly. I'm not saying I think that Lucky or any other dealer there would directly compromise security, but there are too many eyes on data going into and out of that country for my personal comfort. Then again, the fact that this post has the words "security" and "China" in it prolly just added me to a NSA file somewhere.
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:36 AM

Default Makes me wonder.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by graves_09 View Post
I agree, I got confused by that too. They really should change it to "out of stock, but reordering soon" or something like that.
I wonder when they plan to "Re-Order".

I made the mistake of "Buying" something with the blue dot over a year ago...I don't even remember what it was now...anyways, I still haven't gotten it.

- Matt

-- Current --
1/72 Trump. J-11B
1/72 Testors B-58 (in camo)
1/48 Academy Mig-29AS (Slovak digi-camo)
1/48 Hase. RF-4B
1/48 HB. Tornado ADV
1/32 Trump. Mig-23MF

-- Long term proj. --
1/48th Revell B-1 (conversion to -1A #4)
Old April 21st, 2011, 05:37 PM

Only the very best of service from Lucky Model.

IF you need to contact them for any reason you MUST use their "Ticket Request" section in your profile once you register. No good sending them an email because they get spammed to shit all the time by wierdos.

Old April 21st, 2011, 05:40 PM

ps. I also think that alot of people here are used to "western" style of customer service. If you like our style then stick to your own shops, otherwise expect that other countries are not like your own so cut them some slack. WTF is the point of writing a boring diatribe slagging off a foreign countries service and comparing them to your own experiences.
Ever ordered food in China?
To be honest, most other countries don't give a sh*t about you because there are so many others willing to order from them anyway. If you don't like it - don't order end of story!