Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > General Modeling Discussion > The Toolbox

Notices

Unread December 19th, 2017, 12:00 PM

Default Airbrush Compressors

I have read where someone has used a co2 bottle for airbrushig in leu of a compressor. Any thoughts? Fireball out
Unread December 31st, 2017, 04:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Harv

Missed this earlier. Been using a CO2 tank to spray for years. You'll need a regulator and whatever adapter to connect to the tank. I 'leased' mine for years in San Diego...back in the 80's it was under $100. to get it going; refills at the going rate (20# tank swap) at AirGas. My last one was about $50, about 4 years ago (Have moved down south of you to the San Antonio are 2 years ago, and haven't set up my workbench yet). You won't need a moisture trap; of course, the only noise you'll hear is the air hiss. You'll want to get a strap or bungie cords or some sort of tank retention system to keep the tank from becoming a torpedo/missile should it be knocked or tipped over. I've been very happy with this solution for many years; if you have any other questions, feel free to fire away-