Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums  

Go Back   Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums > Manufacturer's Corner - Active > Sierra Hotel Models

Notices

Unread March 6th, 2014, 09:54 PM

Default Still In Business?

I placed an order via the website back on 12th Feb. Didn't get any acknowledgement although I did get the Paypal payment notification. Now today I send an e-mail to the address specified on the "Contact Us" page for order status info and...the mail bounces, stating that there's no such user as 'curt' at 'sierrahotelmodels.com'.

So are SH still in business? I know there've been some rough patches from reading the forum, but it seems that the "we've had some problems but normal service should be back to normal in a week or two" response has been made several times now over the past six months or so.

I don't mind waiting a while for an order - but I would appreciate being told if it's going to take an age or, alternatively, having my money refunded if it's never going to come.

Regards,

Al
Unread March 7th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Sierra Hotel Models

Yes, we are still in business. We're working through some website problems and trying to get new stock loaded. The email hosting has been a problem since we switched over to a new server a couple of months ago. Nothing that won't be fixed soon, but still causing problems with some orders.

Contact me direct (mikevaldez151@msn.com) so I can go over your order.

I apologize for the inconvenience

Mike V
Unread March 10th, 2014, 04:16 PM
jwest21

Good...I had my old F-22 Stabs order cancelled and forgot to reorder. I'll keep checking the site for the added stock items
Unread April 16th, 2014, 04:04 PM

It's now over two months since I ordered. My contact in Mike resulted in my receiving a USPS shipping notice (the code's 9405503699300263153610 for anybody who wants to look at it). As you can see, the shipping label was bought, but there's no indication that the package ever went in the mail.

Further mail to Mike has gone unanswered. Mike's attempts to "resolve" the problem have strung it past the point where I can dispute the transaction on Paypal. The lack of responses to an order that I can prove was placed, and can show was never actually shipped is suspicious.

I'd bought from SH before - it was a bit slow but I received the order. This time the order appears to have shipped in *very* suspicious circumstances (if the package had entered the mail system then vanished, fine, but there's every indication here that this was never actually mailed).

Mike, Curt - hopefully you won't ignore something posted in the forum in the same way that my e-mail is being ignored. This is my last attempt to clarify what's going on and hopefully get some sort of response and resolution from you. As I've indicated, it's too old to open a Paypal dispute, I guess I was too trusting that you'd fix the problem and let it go on too long. So I've no recourse I can take to recover my money or (preferably) get my order.

Please respond to this.

Thanks,

Al
Unread April 16th, 2014, 07:14 PM

Al, I dropped your order off Saturday, I apologize for the delay in shipping.
The Post Office shows the package as in transit as of the 15th.
Curt
Unread April 16th, 2014, 07:17 PM

Thanks Curt, exactly what I wanted to hear. Any chance you could e-mail me the tracking number?

Many thanks,

Al
Unread April 17th, 2014, 07:22 PM

Got the package today, Curt, safe and sound - and many thanks for the extra items, too.

Oh, and just to clarify in case anyone's thinking "Sierra Hotel sent this after he complained in the forum", when I checked the status of the tracking number on the morning of the 16th it was still showing "Shipping Info Received" on March 26th and nothing more, but when it updated later in the day it did clearly show that Curt had got the package in the mail to me *before* I posted here, so this was quite definitely a case of a shipping slip-up that Sierra corrected, and not just a response to my complaint.

In fact, if I'd checked the tracking number an hour or two after I posted here, the tracking info would have been up to date and I wouldn't have posted in the first place. Uh, or something like that.

Anyway, thanks to all at Sierra Hotel for fixing this.
Unread April 18th, 2014, 11:49 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Vodnik

I would love to get some SHM products, but the one and only time I tried to order something it ended up in a long wait, a lot of promises and unclear excuses At least I got my money back, but no resin...
Maybe one day I'll try again. Preferably when some of the parts I designed finally get released...
Unread April 18th, 2014, 06:58 PM

I had the same problem!