Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums

Zone-Five Aircraft Modeling Forums (http://zone-five.net/index.php)
-   Sierra Hotel Models (http://zone-five.net/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   SHM Done? (http://zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=24368)

otis252 July 15th, 2013 06:56 PM

SHM Done?

Hey Mike, what's up with SHM, guess it's done? Don't get me wrong, I sure hope not. Any chance of the 32nd scale A-10 stuff, or anything else? Just let us know my friend. If it's done, it's done. No big deal.
Chuck

tomcat 21 July 15th, 2013 10:02 PM

I was wondering the same thing, along with the new F-4 accessories????

Sabre Freak July 15th, 2013 10:24 PM

Actually I was more worried about Viper Enforcer

I haven't seen him post squat in a LOOONG time. He hasn't been on here since May

http://www.zone-five.net/member.php?u=41

Was trying to pick up clues from his Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/michael.valdez.10420?fref=ts

Always good to take a break from whatever. Hope he is okay.

RexinTN July 16th, 2013 04:56 PM

SF, his profile on here actually says last activity was on July 2nd (that info is right under our names)

otis252 July 16th, 2013 07:24 PM

Wondered the same thing. Pretty much done it looks like to me. Hope I'm wrong.
Chuck

Banker July 16th, 2013 07:31 PM

Did they ever really start? They re-released a few sets that had been mastered and previously released by others (e.g. A-10 & S-3 sets) but of all the 'original' masters they hyped here, did any of them ever see the light of day?

Viper Enforcer July 17th, 2013 03:03 PM

Ok, enough of this. Time to head off the rumor mill.

I've been away for the past few months, mostly for family tragedies and some health issues. I lost some work time so I was putting in as much OT as I could, especially before the furlough (which has now started) hit me as a Government employee. Being forced to lose 20% of your paycheck for the next 3 months may not seem like much, but until you’re gone through it, or even worse a total job loss, you don’t know much it cuts into your household budget. Curt and the rest of the team members have also had other priorities and setbacks to deal with.

Sierra Hotel Models is not dead. Yes, we're way behind, but we are doing our best to get the newer products back into production. We’re currently filling an order to Japan that will significantly boost our capital, so we can invest in the production of many projects which are in line for production. We still plan on being at the Nationals in August and will have new product to début there, as well as improved older items.

Trust me, if all I had was this company to run and not a full time job, I could devote a hell of a lot more time to it, but Curt and the rest of our team do not have that luxury. I do apologize to the list of delays, but it seems that’s been the nature of this venture for us thus far. It’s not always going to be like this, as we’ve taken steps to help ensure that. We have a couple of subcontracts in work which will relieve of most of the production burdens so we can focus more on product R & D. This will lead to a much quicker turnaround from prototype to product starting this fall.

The new SHM website is nearly ready to be turned on, but will most likely be launched in September as our primary focus will be production for the Nationals.

I’ll be posting another update in the next 2 weeks.

Sincerely

Mike Valdez
Sierra Hotel Models
661 304-4941

otis252 July 17th, 2013 09:32 PM

Sounds great Mike! Really glad to hear that. Having bought the F-4G Conversion, intakes, burners, I know of the quality. Now that I know this, I'll want for those A-10 intakes. Good to hear this.
Chuck

B2Blain July 20th, 2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otis252 (Post 255900)
Sounds great Mike! Really glad to hear that. Having bought the F-4G Conversion, intakes, burners, I know of the quality. Now that I know this, I'll want for those A-10 intakes. Good to hear this.
Chuck

Hey,
What F-4G conversion? I thought it was still in the works. I was waiting for that.

otis252 July 21st, 2013 09:08 AM

Had some one pick it up for me at the Nats last year. It really is nice.
Chuck

Vodnik July 22nd, 2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otis252 (Post 256175)
Had some one pick it up for me at the Nats last year. It really is nice.
Chuck

Unfortunately this seams to be the only way to get any SHM resin :( :sad1: :sad2:

jefropas July 23rd, 2013 06:02 PM

Raid Mike's stuff as early as possible, I do...;)

Jeff

TANK July 28th, 2013 09:51 PM

They were at the New Bern show yesterday.

Banker August 23rd, 2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper Enforcer (Post 255851)
I’ll be posting another update in the next 2 weeks.

It's been 5+ weeks - did we miss something?

Viper Enforcer August 23rd, 2013 10:43 PM

No, you didn't miss anything. We were tied up prepping for the NATS and ran out of time to post an update before the show; my bad. Also, since I had family in Colorado, I stayed near a week longer. Now that I am back, I'll be posting an update for sure this weekend, as there's lots to cover.

Mike V

Beaconroot August 23rd, 2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper Enforcer (Post 259471)
No, you didn't miss anything. We were tied up prepping for the NATS and ran out of time to post an update before the show; my bad. Also, since I had family in Colorado, I stayed near a week longer. Now that I am back, I'll be posting an update for sure this weekend, as there's lots to cover.

Mike V

Glad you made it home in one piece! Had a blast on Friday night! The A-10 stuff is awesome. Glad I picked them up. Tinker AFB was still here when I got home dammit! Later,
Jim Root

Viper Enforcer August 24th, 2013 02:23 AM

You Tulsa guys are alright! Yea, I had a great time and the best Friday night.; though I paid for it Saturday. Hell, it was well worth it.

I'll be posting pics of the new A-10 and S-3 inlets. I was surprised they were so popular this year, as we ended up selling out of all the new stock.

I'll get a new tooled 48th DRA out to you soon. The 32nd scale DRA came out just as good, so hope to get those out soon as well.

Mike V

Jens H. Brandal August 24th, 2013 09:00 AM

Anything else new other than the A-10 and S-3 intakes?

Jens

Chippy Ho August 25th, 2013 03:51 PM

What about the early F-16 and F-15 wheels?

Beaconroot August 25th, 2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper Enforcer (Post 259486)
You Tulsa guys are alright! Yea, I had a great time and the best Friday night.; though I paid for it Saturday. Hell, it was well worth it.

I'll be posting pics of the new A-10 and S-3 inlets. I was surprised they were so popular this year, as we ended up selling out of all the new stock.

I'll get a new tooled 48th DRA out to you soon. The 32nd scale DRA came out just as good, so hope to get those out soon as well.

Mike V

Man you did have a few Friday night Mike! Us Okla City guys are alright. The other guys that I was hanging with were from Wichita. Cool buch of folks! I bad dearly for our fun on Saturday as well. It wwas worth every minute of it!
Jim Root OKC